What is the history of Augustana Care?
In 1896, Augustana Care was founded to serve the growing needs of the Lutheran community in Minnesota. Over the past century, we have expanded from downtown Minneapolis to other communitiesâ€”and from a base of skilled nursing facilities to transitional care, memory care, assisted and independent living communities, adult day care, rehabilitative therapy services and home modification services.
Despite our growth, we have never wavered from our commitment to serve individuals in need, consistent with our Christian tradition. We remain dedicated to helping older adults maintain their health and the essential connections necessary for vital livesâ€”connections to community, family, friends, personal passions and spiritual heritage. Our physical facilities are embedded within neighborhoods to ensure easy access to the community resources that enrich everyday living. Our family of associates is committed to providing the highest quality of care, along with the respect and loving comfort that our served populations are accustomed to in their own homes.
In addition to offering a full continuum of living environments and health-related services for older adults, Augustana Care also serves as an industry leader by promoting best practices for other eldercare providers. As we look to the future, we will continue to fulfill this purpose, leveraging new technologies and innovative practices to best serve the needs of our aging population.
How many senior living communities does Augustana Care own/manage?
We currently own or manage 24 senior living communities in Minnesota.
How many employees work for Augustana Care?
We currently employ over 1900 full/part-time employees.
How many people are cared for by Augustana Care each day?
We have the capacity to care for over 3,000 people each day.
What kinds of services are provided by Augustana Care?
- Independent and assisted living services
- Memory and cognitive care
- Long-term care
- Home modification services to help elders age in place
- Educational programs for caregivers and health care professions
- Day centers to provide social interaction and activities
- Spiritual care to speed healing
- Physical and rehabilitative therapy
- Transitional care/short-term rehabilitation
- Meals on Wheels
What is Augustana Careâ€™s mission statement?
The mission of Augustana Care is to serve God by fostering fullness of life for older adults and other people in need through the provisions of healthcare, housing and other services in a Christian tradition.
How do we achieve our mission?
We accomplish this by:
- Demonstrating compassion, while fully respecting the dignity of each individual
- Providing life-enhancing services for elders desiring assistance, but still able to live independently
- Acting as responsible caregivers in older adult residential communities, with a focus on facilitating connections to neighborhood resources, family and friend support networks and personal pursuits
- Building relationships with ecumenical leadership in each community where we have a presence
- Encouraging innovative and progressive approaches to continuously improve service delivery
What are Augustana Careâ€™s core values?
We believe that service excellence is built on a foundation of core values consistently lived across the organization from the executive suite to the front lines. At Augustana Care, we remain vigilantly committed to those we serve as well as our internal family of caregivers. Our roots are grounded in Christian values and fulfilling the social ministry needs of our community. Based on a strong heritage that has been in place for more than a century, at every touch point we strive to:
- Affirm the intrinsic worth of all individuals
- Advocate for older adults and others in need
- Treat each other with compassion, respect and dignity
- Act with honesty, integrity and fairness
- Anticipate and take initiative to be the best that we can be
- Be a responsible steward of all resourcesâ€”human, financial and our physical infrastructure
Augustana Careâ€™s tag line is â€œfostering fullness of lifeâ€, what does that mean?
Elders are a vital part of our communities. New experiences and relationships and giving back to community are all important aspects of their lives. At Augustana Care, we provide services that help elders celebrate life as they live it to the fullest.