The Augustana Care Volunteer Program provides opportunities to use your gifts and talents in a faith-filled environment. For over 100 years volunteers have been serving the needs of residents through their caring, compassionate spirits. We hope you will consider being part of this caring ministry. Join the fun and share your gifts.
to download the application for volunteers.
The Augustana Care volunteers are a community of gifted adults and youth reaching out in love to the community of residents by:
- Assisting with activities and events
- Serving refreshments in the coffee shop and at events
- Baking cakes for the coffee shop
- Assisting the gift shop and thrift shop
- Visiting one-to-one with residents
- Making and selling popcorn
- Sewing and mending
- Transporting resident to the beauty shop, worship services and events
- Ushering at worship services
- Providing special music at worship services
- Helping at fund-raising events
- Responding to call lights
- Assisting with office work
You will have fun and realize personal satisfaction in sharing your gifts. You will discover new gifts and talents while making new friends. Learn new skills and take advantage of services provided by the thrift shop and gift shop and enjoy free lunches, snacks and volunteer appreciation events. You would also have the opportunity to mentor high school and college students and support youth in congregations with service projects.
To give a charitable contribution, click here.
For more information about volunteer opportunities at Augustana Care, please contact a representative at the campus of your choice:
- Apple Valley call (952) 236-2000
- Burnsville call (952) 898-1910
- Dassel call (320) 275-3308
- Hastings call (651) 437-6176
- Hopkins call (952) 938-2761
- Minneapolis call (612) 238-5441
Open Volunteer Opportunities